Business Analysis: Functional & Non-Functional Requirements
What is this course about?
Functional and Non-functional Requirements Can Make or Break Your Project
NEW in 2023: Are you tired of spending countless hours on creating detailed solution-level requirements (aka functional and nonfunctional requirements)? Our course has got you covered! We’re thrilled to introduce our latest section, which teaches you how to use Ai-writing tools to jumpstart the creation of solution requirements. With our cutting-edge AI-storming technique, you can generate top-quality solution requirements in a fraction of the time, saving you valuable resources and getting your project off the ground faster.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to learn about AI-storming and take your requirement analysis skills to the next level. Enroll today and join the ranks of over 8000 successful professionals who have taken this course and improved their expertise!
Business and Stakeholder Requirements define the business need in business terminology that all involved parties can understand, but the devil lies in the detail. Solution Providers (i.e., those responsible for building, buying, assembling, or configuring an IT application) need to know what the application must do, what data it will deal with, and what qualities it must possess to meet the business needs. In other words, they need Functional and Non-functional (aka Solution) Requirements at a level of detail that most subject matter experts can only provide when prompted and led.
This course teaches you simple and reliable techniques for extracting solution-level specifications from requirements and user stories. By using these techniques, you will be able to identify specific functions that your solution needs, as well as the data it requires and produces. Additionally, you will discover hidden non-functional needs, such as performance, usability, and reliability, related to those functions.
We are excited to introduce the latest addition to our course – the AI Writer Jasper technology. This powerful tool helps teams decompose requirements and user stories into functional and data elements faster and with greater accuracy than ever before. By subscribing to our functional and non-functional requirements course, you will be able to unlock the power of AI-assisted requirements decomposition, thus maximizing your team’s productivity.
My co-author, Angela, and I have used these techniques on hundreds of IT projects around the globe and we know the value each provides. Using these approaches will improve your ability to identify and document requirements at the level of detail that solution providers (vendors or developers) need to deliver the right technology for their organization.
The presented techniques will work on any set of well-expressed business requirement statements, stakeholder requirements, user stories, epics, or features.
Regardless of your job title or role, if you are involved in defining future business solutions, this course will help you communicate your business needs to solution providers. It will reduce the potential for misunderstandings that undermine IT’s ability to deliver the right technology for the business.
How to Get the Most Out of This Course?
To maximize the learning effect, you will have exercises and assignments to assess your understanding of each presented technique.
You can learn more business analysis techniques by visiting the Business Analysis Learning Store to see a wide selection of business analysis books, eCourses, virtual and face-to-face instructor-led training, as well as a selection of FREE Business Analysis training.
Who should take this course?
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Requirements Engineers
- Business- and Customer-side Team Members
- Agile Team Members
- Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Project Leaders and Managers
- Systems Analysts and Designers
- AND “anyone wearing the business analysis hat”, meaning anyone responsible for defining a future IT solution
What Can You Do After the Course?
Upon completion of this course, you can:
- Manually decompose well-structured requirement statements to identify Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Assess the value of Ai-writing assistants for analyzing requirements and user stories
- Give developers and those buying the solution the kind of information they need to make the right decisions for your organization
- Identify Informational, Performance, and Constraining Requirements from a list of Functional Requirements
- Capture and clarify Business Rules and External Constraints that mandate limits to the delivered solution
- Develop measurable Solution Requirements that facilitate End-User Acceptance Testing
- Evaluate Jasper, an AI-writing assistant for use in requirements and user story analysis
- Document and manage Business, Stakeholder, Functional and Non-Functional Requirement
Detailed Course Outline
Setting the Stage for Requirements Decomposition
- Welcome to the Course Free Preview
- The Value of Solution Requirements Free Preview
Discovering Functional and Informational Requirements
- Capturing Functional Requirements
- Exercise: Decomposing Requirements to Functions
- Documenting Functions
- Capturing Informational Requirements
- Exercise: Discovering Informational Components
- Attributes of Informational Requirements
- Exercise: Assessing Precision and Currency
- Summary of Functional Requirements
Capturing Non-Functional Solution Requirements
- Performance Requirements
- Exercise: Measurable Qualities
- Common Performance Measures
- Exercise: Discovering Performance-based Functions
- Business Rules and External Factors Free Preview
Unlock the Power of AI: Requirements Decomposition with AI Writer Jasper
- Leveraging AI Writing Tools for Effective Requirements Analysis
- Introducing AI Writer Jasper and Prompt Engineering
- The Case Study for AI-Assisted Requirements Decomposition
- Jasper Demo: Transforming User Requirements into Functional Requirements
- Jasper Demo: Using Functional Requirements to AI-Storm Data
- Using Jasper to Discover Non-Functional Requirements
- Jasper Recipes Ensure Consistency among Teams, Products, Projects, and Companies
- The Upsides of AI Writer Jasper for Requirements and User Story Decomposition
- Requirements Management Ideas
- Process and Rule Review
- Exercise: Final Exam
- Claim Your Job Aid
- What Should You Do Next?